Friday, January 2, 2015

That's a Wrap

Well folks, three and a half years after I enlisted I'm a US Army Engineering Officer. Thanks for sharing in this ride with me, and I hope that some of my insights and behind the scenes looks have proved helpful in your decision making.

I originally started this blog to help keep my family up to date with my training an give other readers a glimpse into what this path looks like. I feel like that mission has been accomplished and it's time to sign off. I still have several years left on my service commitment, but my career going forward doesn't need to be published for the entire world. 

Please feel free to contact me with questions in the future and I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner. I really do enjoy hearing from my readers and offering insight where I can.

Lastly, I feel like it's appropriate to thank those who have made this final post possible:

To my classmates of OCS Class 56- Thanks for your encouragement, the joint suffering, memories, laughs, and constantly pushing me to be a better warrior. It's been an honor to serve with you all. 

To the cadre of the Texas RTI- Thanks for developing me into the leader I am today. I'm nowhere near finished but so much farther than where I started. There are few times in my life where I can distinctly say that something specific changed me. 18 months in the strange Hell that is Texas OCS is one of those times. Everywhere I go I can't say enough good about the school you run and I would be proud to one day serve on the battlefield with you. 

To my wife- Thanks for saying yes to this adventure and being my cheerleader along the way. I wouldn't have made it without your support and I'm proud of you for the sacrifices you've made for our country in your role as an Army Wife. 

To my son- Your little self makes me want to be a better man and father, thanks for pushing me towards excellence in this endeavor and all the rest. 

To my Savior and Creator- Without you I never would have made it. Thank you for allowing me to pursue the passions in my heart and for giving me the strength to follow through. I find the words of King David to ring true:
"For who is God, but the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?—
the God who equipped me with strength
and made my way blameless.
He made my feet like the feet of a deer
and set me secure on the heights.
He trains my hands for war,
so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You have given me the shield of your salvation,
and your right hand supported me,
and your gentleness made me great.
You gave a wide place for my steps under me,
and my feet did not slip."
-Psalm 18:31-36

To the American Warrior past and present- Thank you to the sacrifices you have made to keep America free and for inspiring me to serve my country. May we always stand for one nation- under God, with liberty and justice for all. 

-The Texas Citizen Soldier, Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. As a security measure, please do not use my name or the names of my family members in your post.