Monday, October 17, 2011

Columbus Day/BRM Qualification

Monday 10/10

Since today is a government holiday (Columbus Day), all but 2 of our DS's have the day off. So we're not training at all today. We still had a 05:00 wake up and a short PT. The rest of the day we've been confined to the bays - save for the eating chow. It was pretty relaxed/prison-like, but I got a bunch of letters written and my wall locker is immaculate. A few guys got in a fight so we had to be silent for 2 hours, but other than that, nothing too interesting happened. We were all thankful for the day of rest.

Tuesday 10/11

We woke up to a steady light rain, but the show must go on, so we did BRM qualification Day 2 anyway. By the time we got to the range, the rain picked up and our DS's couldn't find the wet weather gear we turned into them for safe keeping. By the time they found it we were already soaked. I fired in the prone position, laying down in a cold puddle and the rain kept getting into my iron sights making it difficult to see any target beyond 150m. All that to say I didn't shoot any better than the other day. Pretty disappointing, but I'll have other chances in my career to do better. We didn't do much the rest of the day besides taking hot showers and cleaning weapons. Even a cold wet day at the range beats sitting behind a desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. As a security measure, please do not use my name or the names of my family members in your post.